Many of the unique characteristics of polyester film are the direct result of biaxial orientation during film manufacturing. Polyester film leads the pack with an exceptional combination of optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties. These features give polyester film a clear performance advantage when compared to other options. And, for all of the environmentalists out there, polyester film is among the most environmentally friendly thermo-plastic engineered films made.
Tekra offers the industry's most complete range of films from a variety of brands, with the most common being Melinex® and Mylar®, manufactured by DuPont Teijin Films. In addition to our range of inventory in stock, we also offer polyester films in the following characteristics:
- Super Clear
- Heat Stabilized
- Slightly Hazy
- Translucent White
- Bright White Opaque
- Extremely low shrinkage (<0.1%) to a desired heat seal (about 75%).
- Index matched to eliminate surface iridescence with functional hard coats.
- Applied with chemical treatments (e.g. corona) for improved adhesion to various coatings, inks, and adhesives.
- Added pigments and fillers for a wide range of haze, translucency, or opacity.
- Modified surface textures from very smooth to any desired roughness.
- Co-extruded with different polyester layers to obtain custom finishes (i.e. A/B, A/B/A, etc.).
- Incorporated with surface-slip, anti-stat, anti-fog, or anti-glare properties.
- Custom tailored to meet a desired product performance specification.
- Polyester that features abrasion resistance